Re: [opensuse] Wine and FEAR
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 08:48:37 +0200
I downloaded FEAR Combat (free multiplayer) and is trying to install/run it
with Wine.
According to a Wine HQ status page this should be possible. Unfortunately I
cant even get past the installer license agreement.
It doesnt seem to acknowledge the fact that I scrolled down to the end of
the agreement and wont un-grey the "I accept" radio button.
I remember having this problem in the past with other apps in Wine, cant
seem to get a solution.
With Cedega 6.0.5 it does install but wont run.
This is with Wine 0.9.45 and latest snapshot (rpm and compiled source).
Anyone with some pointers.

Have you tried it in the new Cedega 6.1 Beta? A lot of games that
didn't work so well in 6.0.5 or older versions of Cedega, work very
well in the new Beta. Also, try some of the tweaks here:
http://cedegawiki.sweetleafstudios.com/wiki/F.E.A.R. it is possible
that some of the tweaks for the original single player F.E.A.R. might
work for the online version.

C.