Re: [opensuse] wireless doesn't work in suse 11 RC1
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 00:06:47 -0500

On Mon, 2008-06-02 at 20:24 -0700, John Andersen wrote:
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 8:11 PM, Kevin Dupuy <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
SUSE used to include these drivers, specifically madwifi, so it isn't a
matter of not getting sued, it's a amtter of being open source.

An even lamer excuse.

There are some drivers that are never going to be free. If suse won't
find a way to include them, don't be supprised when the userbase
wanders off to a distro that will.

Hey, I agree. I thought my wireless card would be supported by
open-source drivers this time around, and unless something changes in
the next few weeks, I'd be wrong. I would love for openSUSE to include
drivers to those who absolutely need them.
--
Kevin "Yo" Dupuy
Public Mail <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>