Re: [opensuse]
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 15:57:24 -0400
jdd sur free wrote:
John Andersen wrote:

Perhaps quote just a tad more of the original Jean.

we are speaking of 64bits/32bits. I see several problems 64 bits specifics in the mailing lists and any time somebody ask why use 64bits, no significative performance enhancement versus 32 bit system (on 64 bits machines).

but I would be glad to see 64 bits distro works well

64' IS an advantage....depends on what you're doing. Working on large images in Gimp or Bibble, for example, is much faster than with 32'.

Fred

--
Linux is an old Latin word meaning, "I don't have
to support your Windows anymore."