Re: [opensuse] Keeping ZENworks off and Just Being Able to Install New Software
  • From: "John Andersen" <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:54:22 -0700
On Mon, Jun 2, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Rick Bilonick <rab@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Every time I open "installation source" synchronize with ZENWorks is
checked. Then when I try to "Add Product", it always times out because
it cannot connect with ZENWorks. I have no idea what ZENWorks is.

All I want to do is add some packages from an online repository for
openSUSE 10.1. I go into Add Product and I have to paste in the URL for
the 10.1 repository. What is the use of "installation source"? What is
the point of setting up repositories to use if yast NEVER uses them?

Why is updating SLED so difficult and confusing?

Because its based on the rather broken 10.1.

Several people here on this list have already advised you to
go to 10.3 (which is really a sweet release).

Why invest more time in this if its already troublesome before
you even get it fully installed? Cut your losses and go
to 10.3.