[opensuse] Re: opensuse
  • From: Richard Ibbotson <richard.ibbotson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 20:29:03 +0100 (BST)
Hi

Funny, your alpine is breaking threading.

There are two headers missing; compare to one of mine:

Yes. Sorry about that. I had problems finding documentation for
setting up roles in Alpine. Alpine is much better than the old broken
Pine but there is still a lack of some information about some aspects
of Alpine configuration.

Also, I'm thinking that, either you got alpine from somewhere else, as it
doesn't come with the stable opensuse, or you are using factory, which does
have alpine 1.10 (alpine-1.10-9)

Alpine compiled from source. It's a long term habit I developed
through using the old broken version of Pine with SuSE software. I
prefer to compile from source anyway. The maildir patch in the 1.10
version seems to work well.

Are you using factory, ie, opensuse 11.0? That might explain your problems.

No, OpenSuSE 10.3 AMD64 with KDE 3.5. I'd like to use KDE4 but as the
Debian developers and users point out it's not quite as finished as
some people like to claim.

and check the output (the explanation is in "man rpm"). If an rpm has
missing
or bad files, reinstall that rpm.

Doesn't seem to be anything missing there.

Dunno then.

Hmmm... ah well.... , maybe I'll have to re-install OpenSuSE 10.3. If
this was the 32-bit version I would take a chance on 11.0 RC1 but I've
had so many problems trying to get this version of the Gigabyte board
to accept any Linux software that I find it's best to stay with 64-bit
and struggle along with that. At least the OpenSuSE 64-bit software
works (mostly).

output says ..... " Please check the following files (see
/var/adm/rpmcongcheck):/opt/kde3/share/config/kdm/kdmrc.rmpnew "

contents of this below... not that I can see that any changes in here
will make changes anywhere else.......

No, I can't make anything with the contents. You could compare the
kdmrc.rmpnew with the kdmrc file, decide for one and the other,
deactivate/move/delete the one you don't use, rename as kdmrc.

I'll have a go at that :)

Cheers

--
Richard