Re: [opensuse] Video Processing
  • From: Donald D Henson <wepin-list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 12:42:15 -0600
Nico Sabbi wrote:
Il Saturday 31 May 2008 17:23:18 Donald D Henson ha scritto:
I have two parts of a video. One part is in a folder labeled AUDIO_TS and the other is in a folder labeled VIDEO_TS. (Did I mention that I'm a video newbie?) Since SMplayer will play the video, I assume that it is possible to merge these two folders ending up with a complete video that could be written, for example, to a DVD. Can anyone point me to a way to accomplish this feat? I'd appreciate it.

Don Henson

they are already the components of a video dvd.
if you run $ mkisofs -o dvd.iso -dvd-video you will have a .iso file that you can burn to a dvd, or
do directly:

$ growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/scd0 /path/to/dir/ -dvd-video

skipping the creation of the temporary .iso file.

Thanks for the effort but it didn't work. Here's the response I got:

dhenson@Earth-svr:~> mkisofs -o dvd.iso -dvd-video
I: -input-charset not specified, using utf-8 (detected in locale settings)
genisoimage: Missing pathspec.
Usage: genisoimage [options] -o file directory ...

Use genisoimage -help
to get a list of valid options.

Report problems to debburn-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dhenson@Earth-svr:~>