Re: [opensuse] Again, I can not deactivate the table toolbar in OpenOffice writer
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 12:05:08 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2008-06-02 at 11:16 +0200, Clayton wrote:

it the Novell build or the official build?

The novell build.

I've asked around at the office here (to a few OOo gurus/developers),
and no one can think of any reason why this happens to you. The
standard answer is rename your config and start OOo.... like you did
last time to fix this.

It is getting even more weird. On another document that I have opened at the same time, the toolbox behaves properly.

What did I do? View, reset defaults, enable toolbox, disable it again... some magic passes, and it disappeared. Repeated on my first document: no go.

Go figure.

The correct expected behavior is that, by default, the toolbar pops up
when you move the cursor into an element that has a specific toolbar
(like a table). If you just click the X to close the toolbar, it will
pop up again on the next table. If, instead, you go to View >
Toolbars > Toolbar name and remove the check next to that toolbar, the
toolbar will be closed, and will not open again unless you explicitly
tell OOo to do so.

Yep, I know.

I wish they had an explicit toggle for all pop-ups. I prefer the context menu, less intrusive, specially when screen space is scarce.

This is how it works in the "official" OOo release. I can't imagine
that any tweaks in the Novell build would trigger the problem you
describe, or everyone would be asking about it... but I suppose it's
possible. Have you tried it with the current Novell OOo build or the
current "official" OOo build? (OOo 2.3.1 is not the latest release)

Yea, I know it is not the latest. There was something I was afraid that would break on newer builds a month ago, but I have forgotten what it was. I could update, but if it doesn't work I can't go back to a previous version.

I should upgrade, anyway.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.