Re: [opensuse] results of hard disk configuration survey
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2008 09:41:16 +0100

Per Jessen wrote:
Martin Schmidkunz wrote:

Hi everybody,

the results of the hard disk configuration survey are available at
http://en.opensuse.org/UX#View_results_of_previous_surveys

Only 86.7% have a / (root) partition - I wonder how the rest manage?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

Jokes aside..

Unfortunately, as this is just raw data not information, there is no way
from the way the results are presented that it can demonstrated that
this due to a flaw in survey design (which a similar result across all
levels of experience would be a strong indicator for) or an issue with
less (or possibly more :-) ) experienced users perception of the
concepts involved or questions being asked.

All this is really telling is that people participated in the survey...

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup