Re: [opensuse] opensuse 10.3 hangs on install
  • From: rschwedler <rschwedler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 16:13:49 -0500
On Sunday 01 June 2008 03:45:05 pm Phil Savoie wrote:
Hi All,

I have an asus m2n-sli motherboard with one sata and one ide drive
installed. the ide drive has windows xp and the 1 terebyte sata drive
has nothing and is to be used for the suse install.

The darn things has given me nothing but grief with the suse install.
If I boot normally to install I get a black screen and hangs. If I do a
nolocal apic install it gets stuck at the activating usbs and goes no
further if I do the no acpi install it hangs on loading sata_nv and the
same for the safe settings install.

Any help would be great, please!

Thanks,

Phil

Just for fun have you tried to install with hwprobe=-modules.pata boot
options?
rsschwedler