Re: [opensuse] results of hard disk configuration survey
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 15:09:50 -0500
On Sunday 01 June 2008 04:25:19 am Per Jessen wrote:
Martin Schmidkunz wrote:
Hi everybody,

the results of the hard disk configuration survey are available at
http://en.opensuse.org/UX#View_results_of_previous_surveys

Only 86.7% have a / (root) partition - I wonder how the rest manage?

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

The question was: "Which partition do you create.?"
If you accept defaults, installer creates them for you, but if 86.7% must
create / (root) by themselves, installer proposals are not exactly good ;-)

I do have to resort to manual intervention very often as partitioning
proposals on systems with more than windows installed are sometimes wild
guess, but that is what I complained before (and I'm tired to do that again).

Probably better questions would be:
"What directories you have on separate partitions?" "How they were created?"
Put that in 2 columns where rows are assigned to directories, with few empty
fields for not so common choices, first column for the checkmark if you have
separate mount, and the second column will give answer how they are created,
by the system installer, or by user.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal needs helpful hands.