Re: [opensuse] administer vista from opensuse
On Saturday 31 May 2008 02:58:26 pm Stan Goodman wrote:
At 00:19:19 on Sunday Sunday 01 June 2008, Kai Ponte

<kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Saturday 31 May 2008 02:40:40 am jdd wrote:
Hello,

My 88 years old mother just bough a new computer. On the old one, she
used openSUSE, but on the new she will use Vista (she needs to play
some sort of power point files that I simply can't make play music on
opensuse, even in wine - given her age, I can't ask her too much)

I know little about vista, but there is some sort of "remote admin"

is this feature usable from my own openSUSE? (we are not in the same
town) I installed openSUSE primarily to be able to do remote admin

:-()

is that VNC?

You can use VNC, but Vista has built-in Remote Desktop Connection or
RDC software.

What has to be done in order to get past a firewall on either the
controlled or controller system?

Stan - someone else mentioned port 5900. You can also go the route of setting
up an SSH connection on the Wintendo box, thus creating a VPN to the box.
IIRC, you'll need to run the SSH under cygwin or something like that.

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com