Re: [opensuse] Can anyone interpret this error message
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 18:26:50 -0400
Nico Sabbi escribió:

you can solve this problem (that made me definitively abandon Fedora for Suse)
simply replacing your ata controller with its non-libata counterpart: e.g. I
had to remove
sata_via in favor of vt82cxxx.

That is no solution, drivers needs fixing/workaround instead.

e to remove non-libata based
drivers that Fedora did.

They may be removed at some in the future though, but that's something kernel people decides.

--
"Progress is possible only if we train ourselves to think about programs
without thinking of them as pieces of executable code.” - Edsger W. Dijkstra

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development