Re: [opensuse] RE: Best fit Windows windowing between KDE vs Gnome
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 16:40:06 -0400

The Wednesday 2008-05-28 at 10:16 -0700, Sloan wrote:

You forget that gnome also has multiple desktops.

You removed the portion of my post that said "as shipped in the past few
suse
releases" - yes, gnome can be set up for multiple desktops, but an option
is
apparently so well hidden that it's not uncommon for new gnome users to be
unaware that the option exists.

Maybe I did, but I've been using gnome for years, I have 10.3, and I use
and used multiple desktops (nine). Yes, the setting is not trivial to
find, but it is there. Most if not all of the linux X things, not only
gnome and kde, have multiple desktops, I think.

We're also defaulting to multiple desktops again in GNOME for 11.0.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
Novell, Inc.