Re: [opensuse] installing 10.3 on a disk with >15 partitions
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 14:08:57 +0200 (CEST)

The Tuesday 2008-05-27 at 12:55 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:

I don't have a need for that many partitions, so this is not a problem
for me, I just found it interesting. I think it would be a minor
change in YaST to use kpartx, but only for systems with more than 15
partitions. Possibly with a disclaimer of "unsupported etc". Just
like for JFS file system.

I would certainly prefer "supported" somehow. There are bugs on supported software that takes years to correct, so one on an unsupported software would stay unsolved for decades.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.