[opensuse] Re: K3B doesn't complete write verification
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 00:07:43 +0000 (UTC)
On Tue, 27 May 2008 16:48:26 -0600, Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster
wrote:

I have this odd problem with K3B (using openSUSE 10.3 x86_64) and I'm
not sure why. I'm hoping someone can shed light on this.

I can burn CDs with K3B, but when I check the write verification box,
the program freezes when the write verification begins. Data on the disc
is burned properly, but the app hangs.

KDE, the kernel, etc. appears to be unaffected.

I do have packman as a repository, and I'm wondering if the problem lies
somewhere in there, but I don't know.

Ideas?

No ideas here, but I can confirm the same behaviour here on my 64-bit
machine. Been burning a *lot* of discs the last few days, thanks to the
mention of ManDVD, and I've gotten to the point of telling it not to
verify as a result of the hangs. My DVD burner is a tray load that
ejects/loads automatically; it did the first couple of discs fine, then
it quit, just ejects the tray and hangs up.

I'm also using the build from packman. I can kill the program and
restart it and that works OK as well.

Jim