Re: [opensuse] feature 302909: vpn
  • From: Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 00:39:18 +0200
On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 05:52 +0200, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
Hans Witvliet <hwit@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Reason: I used the DVD to install it on a system that is not connected
to the Net.

Yeah, we cannot put everything on the DVD.
Understand that... (disk)Space ... the final frontier ...

This evening/night/morning just found out, that it's only on the online
inst-source. Added automatically IF you are connected. (I hope that this
will not be the case for the rc's...)

What exactly do you hope?

Well, actually, what is said in the feature list:
"strongSwan IKEv2 __(replacing openSwan)__ (Feature No: 302909)"

What i mean is, if it's an additional package: great!
I wouldn't mind to get it from the obs: ~/security/strongswan/...
(where it allready is for 10.3 and factory)

But if it is intended to _replace_ openswan, as stated, it should be on
the disk. But i asume they will co-exist on the final disk, until it
replace openswan, (which is still a good vpn-package anyway.)
Actually, in the first place i was expecting this, among others to be
found on the obs in a 11.0 tree.
On packman, i find 112 packages build for 11.0, even more (92) than
10.3.

Related to this: When is openSUSE_11.0 introduced on the OBS (obviously
i am contributing to the obs, yet) After the official release of 11.0?

hw