[opensuse] Re: Upgrade from 11.0 beta3 to beta3 plus?
  • From: "Andrés G. Aragoneses" <knocte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:23:05 +0200

The Tuesday 2008-05-27 at 04:03 +0200, "Andrés G. Aragoneses" wrote:

But you are already using factory... Beta 3 is just a snapshot of
factory.
If you update distro using yast or zypper, it will be b3+ if you
happen to
update at the exact moment in time, but in all cases it is just
factory,
and a moving target.
Thanks for your email, but factory is indeed what you have said, and
I don't
want a moving target, but a frozen snapshot, and I believie that
beta3+
certainly is one. How can I upgrade to the last "official" snapshot
(not
factory)?
What you have is what there is.

B3+ is any factory after b3 and before rc1 and is a moving target,
ie, the
current state.

You can go to a site like gwdg, and they have frozen repos of beta3
and
beta2; both the iso and the repo itself, because the manager of that

site made the photo of the repo.

Not entirely true.

The betaXplus are as well snapshots, but they are Novell internal only
(exceptions can happen).

So a random factory installation can NOT be called betzXplus per se.

Dominique

Thanks for clarifying Dominique.
Can you tell me where to obtain the B3+ snapshot?

(aaragoneses at novell dot com)

Regards,

Andres