Re: [opensuse] installing 10.3 on a disk with >15 partitions
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 12:55:44 +0200
Per Jessen wrote:

Now you should see all of your partitions with the kpartx set listed
as "DM".

http://jessen.ch/images/yast-custom-partitioning-23-partitions.jpeg

This is as far as I got in round 1 - when I tried to edit one of my DM
partitions (to set mount point etc), I just got a winfow with a blue
bar saying "free", and a close button.

http://jessen.ch/images/yast-23-partitions-bluebar.jpeg

I don't have a need for that many partitions, so this is not a problem
for me, I just found it interesting. I think it would be a minor
change in YaST to use kpartx, but only for systems with more than 15
partitions. Possibly with a disclaimer of "unsupported etc". Just
like for JFS file system.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich