Re: [opensuse] 10.3 CD question
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 00:59:39 +0200 (CEST)

The Monday 2008-05-26 at 12:27 -0700, Simon Roberts wrote:

I'm about to start an install for my laptop to upgrade it to 10.3. I've
discovered that in the weeks since the warranty has expired, my CD/DVD
drive has lost the ability to read burned DVDs, so I'm going to have to
do the install from CDs.

However, it looks like there's only 1 CD in the distro for this? How
can that be? We were at 5 with 10.2.

What am I missing--or--how do I get the extra stuff that isn't there?

There is no 10.3 CD. You are seeing a limited version. You will have to look on the wiki the instructions for installing without a dvd: for instance, install/upgrade using a network repository.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.