Re: [opensuse] nfs problems
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 02:04:40 +0200
On Monday 26 May 2008 01:23:10 Jerry Houston wrote:
I'm having problems that I didn't expect with a fresh, new 10.3
installation. (I had enough trouble with 11.0 b3 that I reformatted my
drive and reinstalled 10.3, then fully updated it.)

I can't map any of the NFS drives served by my domain controller. I can
see those shares from another machine, so I think the sharing is set up
okay. The nfs client configuration here tries to restart the services,
but always hangs, and does nothing at all for as long as I care to
wait. (I've waited up to 20 minutes.)

Try disabling the firewall on the client.

If it works then, you can open port 111 (portmap) and restart the firewall,
and it should keep working

Anders