Re: [opensuse] Different Drivers for Intel Graphic Card
  • From: "Chee How Chua" <chuacheehow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 11:30:31 +0800
On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Masim Vavai Sugianto <vavai@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Chee How Chua

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 10:45 AM, Chee How Chua <chuacheehow@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,

> With 10.3, xorg.conf shows that the driver is "Intel".
>
> I later then installed SLED10 SP1. xorg.conf shows that the driver is
"i810".

> With the "Intel" driver, I'm able to get the resolution suitable for
> the screen. But with "i810", I'm unable to get the same resolution.
>
> Can anybody advise on how I can get the "Intel" driver onto the SLED10
> SP1 installation?

I usually used the easy way :

1. Backup the /etc/X11/xorg.conf on the SLED10 SP1
2. Copy-paste the /etc/X11/xorg.conf on OpenSUSE into SLED10 SP1

Did you try these ?

You also could try to edit the existing xorg.conf and change some
portion of xorg configuration, but it's highly recommended to backup
the previous one.

--
Best Regards,

Masim "Vavai" Sugianto
/************************************************************/
Blog (ID) : http://www.vavai.com/blog/index.php
Blog (EN) : http://www.vavai.net
Community : http://www.opensuse.or.id

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose you are saying that the driver can be changed by changing the line:

Driver "i810"

Driver "Intel"

I've tried it but it doesn't work because I think the driver module is
not in SLED. So the question is what is the driver module I need to
compile against the kernel in SLED to have the "Intel" driver instead
of 'i810'.