Re: [opensuse] Please put DVDs on FTP
  • From: "Larry Stotler" <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 16:23:16 -0400
On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 3:35 PM, Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I don't know what you two are complaining about.
The full install DVD's ARE available via FTP/HTTP.

Yes, they are available from mirrors, but there were no links to the
mirrors on the main site. They've only just changed it to allow you
to download the dvds by http. Before it was bittorrent only. I have
never gotten the max download speed that FTP will give me using
bittorrent. When I downloaded beta2 from the mirror provided in this
thread I got 350+ the whole time. Never ever gotten anywhere near
that by bittorrent.