Re: [opensuse] Speech-to-Text
  • From: martin glazer <martinsglazer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 15:28:26 -0700 (PDT)
Microsoft software inside of a Ford vehicle, scares
the hell out of me.

--- John Andersen <jsamyth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 1:23 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
With all speech recognition software you have to
"train" it
which is a fairly time consuming process.

I can't speak to Dragon products, but the need to
train is the key
thing that newer
technology is trying to eliminate in speech
recognition. My phone requires no
training, I can just say "call David Rankin" and it
would find you in the
address book. Same with Ford Active Sync. Same with
some modern
telephone answering systems. (Call HP tech support
to hear a demo.)

Admittedly these things are using a vastly reduced
vocabulary. But never the
less, training is on the way out.

For additional commands, e-mail:
opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx