Re: [opensuse] The (lack of) Windows Vista-like windows switching effect for openSUSE 11.0 compiz-fusion
On Friday 02 May 2008 10:01:55 am John Andersen wrote:
On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Alexey Eremenko <al4321@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi All !

openSUSE 10.3 (compiz-fusion ccsm) and Windows Vista Aero Glass can
switch windows in 3D space in very nice way.

However, openSUSE 11.0 BETA1 (compiz-fusion ccsm) doesn't seem to have
this effect. Where is it gone?

I see the "Ring switcher" in ccsm, but no "Vista" switcher.

[begin rant mode]
Why must Linux emulate every lame trick Windows comes up with?

In my day job I use Vista and I find the vista switcher a useless piece
of Eye Candy which is ALWAYS slower than selecting the window from the
task bar.
[/rant]

I concur with your rant - I avoid that feature like the plague. I have dual
24" monitors each running 1600x1200 (or something like that) and use the task
or alt-tab exclusively.

However, If a user asks for a feature and it is given the proper reasoning,
then developers should never downplay that request. At least this is what I
tell my programmers and analysts.

To the OP - maybe you should ask on the openSUSE development list or on one of
the KDE lists.

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com