Re: [opensuse] Windows vs. Suse OO docuent file size
  • From: Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 23:40:31 -0400
Hipolito Gonzalez wrote:
How do you do for create the pdf file?
Directly from open office or saving like ps and converting from ps to pdf?

Save to ps, and use ps2pdf or something similar.

$ man -k 2pdf

Mark Misulich wrote:
Rajko M. wrote:
I guess that this might make your presentation smaller: http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/PresentationMinimizer
and more of it http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/most_pop_ext

Hi,
thanks for the information. I downloaded the extension and found out that it is for Impress Presentations, not for Writer documents. I am producing a newsletter for the organization, and that must be produced in Writer and changed to PDF for distribution.
This extension won't help that process, but I am also an instructor and have to produce Powerpoint presentations for my classes. I can try to produce them in Impress, and I am sure that the extension will prove its worth then.
I hadn't realized that there were extensions to Open Office, so now I know they are there and figured out how to install them.

Thanks,
Mark