Re: [opensuse] Quick perl question - why are @array[$num] and $array[$num] the same?
  • From: "Razi Khaja" <razi.khaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 19:22:35 -0400
Well, I'm probably overstating it. Perl is immensely practical, but
it's offensive from a programming language theory standpoint and from

True it is offensive.

Perl 5 does have a good module system, and if you use it well, you can
probably manage medium scale systems in Perl. But it does not really
support either object-oriented programming or polymorphism (as far as I
know), so it still isn't going to work well for programming large
systems, I don't think. Also, I think it's data abstraction
capabilities are quite limited.:

(Although not true object oriented programming,) it is possible to do
object oriented programming with perl, see:
http://perldoc.perl.org/perlobj.html

See also Tom Christiansen's tutorial: perltoot - Tom's object-oriented
tutorial for perl http://perldoc.perl.org/perltoot.html
Inheritance, multiple inheritance and hence polymorphism are also supported.