Re: [opensuse] Quick perl question - why are @array[$num] and $array[$num] the same?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 09:43:49 -0500

I gave up on perl.
It makes my brain hurt -- like trying to read 1970's era BASIC code.

I concur. Perl verges on being an abomination. "Pathetically eclectic rubbish lister" indeed!

I once (in the Perl 4 era) wrote a code generation tool in Perl, but I no longer can even read that stuff.

If you're going to start programming things that go beyond what works well in BASH, you'd be better off with Python or Ruby or even Groovy.

Randall Schulz

That's real, real bad news Randall, I'm already 60% through perl. Bummer. Python huh? I'll look at it. I presume it handles floating point, and has the capabilities of perl? (oh no, here we go again...)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC