Re: [opensuse] Re: TV Capture
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 08:45:55 -0400
Charles philip Chan wrote:
Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

I played around with Mplayer and VLC last night but without success.
Mplayer only gives me snow, and VLC doesn't present any type of video
screen. I will keep on trying to figure out what is happening.

What is the output of:

,---- | lsmod | grep cx88
`----

?

MythTV beyond my ability in linux to get it installed and working

If you don't know now to compile and setup mythtv, there are Packman
packages. However, last time I checked, the Packman version still uses
qt3, where as the SVN version have added support for qt4 recently.

Charles
I installed MythTV from RPM (packman) but still couldn't get it to work, but that was 10.2. I will try it again to see if things work better now for 10.3

Here is the output:
lxmark@linux-bhzb:~> lsmod | grep cx88
cx8800 48104 0
cx88xx 80548 1 cx8800
ir_common 50436 1 cx88xx
i2c_algo_bit 22276 1 cx88xx
video_buf 39940 2 cx8800,cx88xx
tveeprom 31248 1 cx88xx
videodev 42752 2 cx8800,cx88xx
compat_ioctl32 17664 1 cx8800
v4l2_common 32896 4 tuner,cx8800,cx88xx,videodev
btcx_risc 21128 2 cx8800,cx88xx
i2c_core 39808 6 tuner,cx88xx,i2c_algo_bit,tveeprom,nvidia,i2c_i801