Re: [opensuse] md5sum wrong opensuse CD images
  • From: Ian Nendels <ian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 13:00:24 +0200
Carlos E. R. schreef:

The Thursday 2008-05-01 at 10:48 +0200, Ian Nendels wrote:

Hello,

Every time i download an iso cd-image from a opensuse mirror the md5sum
is not the same. so i cant make an install CD.
I tried several mirrors but it doesn't matter.

What could be wrong?

Bad transmission.

Use the trick here: <http://en.opensuse.org/Metalink#Checksums> to repair the image.

Or use a download program/protocol that can repair the image and ensure that it is correct when it finishes.

Thanks, I will try it. But i think the problem is on my PC, because when i download from another PC i get the correct checksum

My PC is a core2quad Q6600 with 4GB memory and a 500GB HD.
i allready tested my memory with memtest and there is no problem.
i have opensuse 10.3 installed (32bit) kernel version Linux 2.6.22.17-0.1-bigsmp i686

my old PC is a Pentium4 2.8Ghz with 1GB memory, and when i download an iso image with this PC the checksum is ok
opensuse 10.3 installed (32bit) kernel version Linux 2.6.22.17-0.1-default i686

the next thing i will try is the standard kernel, the one i use on my old PC and then see if the checksum is still wrong.
i use the bigsmp kernel because i have 4GB memory installed, and maybe that is the problem.