Re: [opensuse] Speech-to-Text
  • From: Joseph Loo <jloo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:03:27 -0700

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 23:49 -0400, Chuck Payne wrote:
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Joseph Loo <jloo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 15:37 -0600, Donald D Henson wrote:
> Does anyone know of an Open Source application to accept continuous
> speech and convert it to text? I've found a couple of proprietary apps
> but you have to use Voice mail as an input. Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Don Henson
Have you looked at CMU Sphinx
http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/html/cmusphinx.php
--
Joseph Loo
jloo@xxxxxxx

Here a great site, that help me out with the stuff that I am doing
because I am dyslexlic

http://www.hackosis.com/index.php/2007/11/24/transform-linux-into-a-talking-companion/

http://www.hackosis.com/index.php/2007/12/22/linux-easily-convert-text-to-wav-with-festival/

Now if I can get a clean voice for Festival. The default one a bit too
much like SAM.
Under Opensuse does not have all the available voices. You might want to
got to the festival site and download the other voices.
Alternatively, you can buy some of the voices available to Festival.
--
Joseph Loo
jloo@xxxxxxx