Re: [opensuse] Speech-to-Text
  • From: "Chuck Payne" <terrorpup@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 23:49:47 -0400
On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Joseph Loo <jloo@xxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 15:37 -0600, Donald D Henson wrote:
> Does anyone know of an Open Source application to accept continuous
> speech and convert it to text? I've found a couple of proprietary apps
> but you have to use Voice mail as an input. Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Don Henson
Have you looked at CMU Sphinx
http://cmusphinx.sourceforge.net/html/cmusphinx.php
--
Joseph Loo
jloo@xxxxxxx

Here a great site, that help me out with the stuff that I am doing
because I am dyslexlic

http://www.hackosis.com/index.php/2007/11/24/transform-linux-into-a-talking-companion/

http://www.hackosis.com/index.php/2007/12/22/linux-easily-convert-text-to-wav-with-festival/

Now if I can get a clean voice for Festival. The default one a bit too
much like SAM.
Command, n.:
Statement presented by a human and accepted by a computer in
such a manner as to make the human feel as if he is in control.