Re: [opensuse] KRFB fails handling RDP connections
  • From: "Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:34:30 -0600

The Tuesday 2008-04-01 at 22:00 -0600, Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate

Webmaster wrote:
Interestingly, 'rpm -qa | grep krdc' gives me nothing.
This will tell you the rpm:

rpm -q -f `which krdc`
That gives me:
kdenetwork3-vnc-3.5.7-64

And I have reloaded it from the original rpm.

Ideas?

I don't know about your main question. But what you see is similar to a
behavior I saw with ssh, and it is related to the ssh agent failing to
feed the response to ssh and to pop up the question window: kill the
agent. It can be ssh-agent or seahorse.

This is a very wild guess on my part, of course: I don't know if ssh is
involved, but... :-?

- -- Cheers,
> Carlos E. R.

It is interesting that you are using the kdenetwork3 packages and not the kde4-krfb which is loaded by default (or so I thought). have you tried installing the KDE4 version of krdc?

See mine below:
rpm -q -f `which krdc`
kde4-krdc-4.0.3-4.8

I have, but when I query rpm with the command above, only the v3 package (kde3-network) is listed (odd). The kde-krdc package installs some files in /usr/share/kde4/apps/krdc... I see no binary there.