Re: [opensuse] KRFB fails handling RDP connections
  • From: Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 13:35:32 -0700

The Tuesday 2008-04-01 at 22:00 -0600, Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate

Webmaster wrote:
Interestingly, 'rpm -qa | grep krdc' gives me nothing.

This will tell you the rpm:

rpm -q -f `which krdc`

That gives me:
kdenetwork3-vnc-3.5.7-64

And I have reloaded it from the original rpm.

Ideas?

I don't know about your main question. But what you see is similar to a
behavior I saw with ssh, and it is related to the ssh agent failing to
feed the response to ssh and to pop up the question window: kill the
agent. It can be ssh-agent or seahorse.

This is a very wild guess on my part, of course: I don't know if ssh is
involved, but... :-?

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

It is interesting that you are using the kdenetwork3 packages and not the
kde4-krfb which is loaded by default (or so I thought). have you tried
installing the KDE4 version of krdc?

See mine below:
rpm -q -f `which krdc`
kde4-krdc-4.0.3-4.8