Re: [opensuse] Looking for OpenSuse equivalent of Dag's mrepo
  • From: peter nikolic <p.nikolic1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 13:25:17 +0100
On Friday 04 April 2008, Ben Kevan wrote:
On Friday 04 April 2008 03:05:02 pm fifty.63@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am a long time Fedora/RedHat/CentOS user. For a while now I have used
Dag Wieers' mrepo utility to build local yum repositories for the
RedHat'ish clients and servers I am responsible for.

I recently decided that my Linux knowledge was overly RedHat centric and
moved the desktops and laptops that I use to OpenSuse. This move has been
a very positive experience. Very glad I did it. I do sorely miss the
speed of yum updates across a Gig network and would like to find tools,
scripts, howto's for building local mirrors of the various repositories I
have Yast configured to use. My googling and searches of opensuse.org did
not turn up much info. Any pointers on mrepo type tools for Yast would be
appreciated.

thanks,
djv

You can install yum and use it on openSUSE. I currently do.

However you can use zypper for opensuse. Zypp version 0.10.4 with libzypp
4.6.1 is pretty damn fast..

Try giving that a shot, and with the obvious:

man zypper

Ben

,

--
SuSE Linux 10.3-Alpha3. (Linux is like a wigwam - no Gates, no Windows, and an
Apache inside.)