Re: [opensuse] No wired or Wireless :(
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 05 Apr 2008 02:28:03 -0500
Brandon Bowlby wrote:
Ok this is probably a stupid question but where can I download the i386
2.6.22.5 kernel source, so I can put in on my flash drive? All I can find is
one for i586

They are on your install DVD. Also,

In Yast->software->community repositories you can add additional repositories (main, oss, non-oss, updates, etc..). Then from yast->software->software management, you can install all of them.

Easiest, from the command line as root. "zypper in kernel-source"

Also, if you still aren't having any luck and would like to try the 2.6.23.x kernel, add the following as a repository.

http://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/suser-jengelh/SUSE-10.3/

(The full list of repositories are shown at:

http://en.opensuse.org/Package_Repositories

and

http://en.opensuse.org/Additional_YaST_Package_Repositories

--