Re: [opensuse] Looking for OpenSuse equivalent of Dag's mrepo
  • From: Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 19:26:31 -0700
On Friday 04 April 2008 03:35:09 pm fifty.63@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
----- "Ben Kevan" <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You can install yum and use it on openSUSE. I currently do.

Ben, thanks for the rapid response. I must have muddied the waters a little
with my question. I was not really asking about the client side of the
equation. I am interested in info on setting up a local repository of
OpenSUSE updates and such. I am already doing fine exploring the various
ways to consume repositories on an OpenSUSE system. I have played around
with yum, zypper, and 'yast2 sw_single' (a wrapper for zypper?).

I am looking for a tool or script that can automate the process of pulling
down packages from the repositories I use and then generating whatever
metadata is required to provide a usable local repository for yast.
Apologies if I am still not being clear.

djv

mrepo should actually be able to already download suse packages. Try running
8.4svn. I have set it up to donwload for SLES, I am sure it can be easily
modified for openSUSE.

With that said.. I think I'll give it a go.

Ben