Re: [opensuse] Looking for OpenSuse equivalent of Dag's mrepo
  • From: Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 15:17:22 -0700
On Friday 04 April 2008 03:05:02 pm fifty.63@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I am a long time Fedora/RedHat/CentOS user. For a while now I have used Dag
Wieers' mrepo utility to build local yum repositories for the RedHat'ish
clients and servers I am responsible for.

I recently decided that my Linux knowledge was overly RedHat centric and
moved the desktops and laptops that I use to OpenSuse. This move has been a
very positive experience. Very glad I did it. I do sorely miss the speed of
yum updates across a Gig network and would like to find tools, scripts,
howto's for building local mirrors of the various repositories I have Yast
configured to use. My googling and searches of opensuse.org did not turn up
much info. Any pointers on mrepo type tools for Yast would be appreciated.

thanks,
djv

You can install yum and use it on openSUSE. I currently do.

However you can use zypper for opensuse. Zypp version 0.10.4 with libzypp
4.6.1 is pretty damn fast..

Try giving that a shot, and with the obvious:

man zypper

Ben