[opensuse] Looking for OpenSuse equivalent of Dag's mrepo
  • From: fifty.63@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 18:05:02 -0400 (EDT)
I am a long time Fedora/RedHat/CentOS user. For a while now I have used Dag
Wieers' mrepo utility to build local yum repositories for the RedHat'ish
clients and servers I am responsible for.

I recently decided that my Linux knowledge was overly RedHat centric and moved
the desktops and laptops that I use to OpenSuse. This move has been a very
positive experience. Very glad I did it. I do sorely miss the speed of yum
updates across a Gig network and would like to find tools, scripts, howto's for
building local mirrors of the various repositories I have Yast configured to
use. My googling and searches of opensuse.org did not turn up much info. Any
pointers on mrepo type tools for Yast would be appreciated.

thanks,
djv