[opensuse] JPilot on Open SuSE 10.3: rebuild needed
  • From: "Boris Epstein" <borepstein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:05:21 -0400
Hello there,

There appears to be several problems with JPilot on SuSE 10.3. We are
using it to sync a Palm Pilot m515.

The biggest issue is that on an attempt at a sync jpilot-sync that
comes with the distro consistently generates a segmentation fault.
That does not occur on the machine where I decided to just compile
JPilot from the code. On that machine, the sync occurs properly - or
at least so it seems.

However, one message does pop up, regardless of where you attempt to sync:

slow_sync_application: Unable to open file: Keys-Gtkr

I don't know how much of a problem that is - especially if you don't
use the "keyring" feature of your Palm, but I think it would also be
something someone ought to look at at some point.

However, I think it is definitely time to recompile and repackage the
Jpilot as there is certainly a problem with one that comes with SuSE
10.3. Any tips on how to help that process along would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers,

Boris.