[opensuse] Re:Boot failure
Hi All
I need some help with Suse10.3. Recently I purchased some pc's, one with an
ASUS P5L-MX and the other with a FOXCONN 945G7AD motherboard installed. I
attempted to install Suse and it installed fine, until the re-boot stage
when it put a message to screen saying booting from local disk and stopped.

The hard disks where SATA in both, so in one machine I replaced them with an
adeptec scsi controller and tried again with the same result.

Windows xp loads fine and boots no problem. The things these two boards have
in common is the Intel 945G northbridge and ICH7 Southbridge. Both boards
load ata_piix as the driver module. I suspect this is where the problem lies
but am no expert. I have been on this for day's now and still no nearer
finding a solution, so any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks in advance
Andy.

National Veterinary Services
(A trading division of Dechra Ltd)
Unit 4 Jamage Industrial Estate
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
ST7 1XW
Tel: 01782 771100
Fax: 01782 773366
Web site: www.vetwholesaler.co.uk

DISCLAIMER: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential
and contain information intended for the recipient only. They may not be
disclosed to, used by or copied in any way by anyone other than the intended
recipient. If this email is received in error please contact the sender by
return email please delete the email and do not disclose it's contents to
any person(s).

Please note that Dechra Ltd nor the sender accepts any responsibility for
viruses and it is your responsibility to scan, or otherwise check this email
and any attachments.

Dechra Ltd is a registered Company in England and Wales (Registered No.
4513124)
Registered Address :- Dechra House, Jamage Industrial Estate, Talke Pits,
Stoke-on-Trent
Staffordshire, ST7 1XW