Re: [opensuse] Sound advice
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 14:35:44 +0200
On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 10:24 +0100, Dave Howorth wrote:
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
Or, advice on sound.

I am looking to use sound as a way for diskless (and displayless and
keyboardless and speakerless) KIWI (OpenSUSE 10.3) systems to send
status info by sound to another openSUSE 10.3 system, which can play it
on it's speakers. There can be more than one KIWI sending messages. It
is very very low volume of messages that will be sent. Things like 'I'm
ready'", or "Sh*t, I'm dying".

I misunderstood this. I thought the small systems were going to play
their status audibly and the central system would listen to them. I had
visions of a room full of twittering chicks and a mother hen :)

Much more exciting than what I think you're actually proposing!

Indeed. Mom hen will channel for the chicks.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB