Re: [opensuse] Novell Bugzilla - At it Again - Bugs Apparently Dismissed Without Sufficient Investigation
  • From: Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:16:14 +0200 (CEST)

On Friday 2008-04-04 08:20, David C. Rankin wrote:

How many of you have ever gotten the feeling that some of the
developers with Novell bugzilla work harder trying to punt bugs
than they do actually trying to understand whether a valid problem
exists or not?

Sometimes. But Fedora's BZ is __much__ worse. Just today I got
automated mails "Fedora apologizes that these issues have not
been resolved yet. We're sorry it's taken so long for your bug
to be properly triaged and acted on." --- on bugs noone
seriously *acted* upon in the lifetime of the product. At
Novell, they at least get it done someday, or bump the version
tag, or talk to you time and again :-)

The oldest active SUSE-related bugs (i.e. not upstream package)
have ids 262341 (opened a year ago) and 306344, so are quite recent.

Everything is in order.