Re: [opensuse] firefox vs. mozillafirefox
  • From: Joe Morris <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 07:26:54 +0800
On 04/04/2008 05:47 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
I see in the buildservice both Firefox 3 B5 and MozillaFirefox 3 B5
are available, but they have different build levels.

ie.
2.9.95-3.1 vs. 2.9.95-2.3

Anyone know what the difference is and why I would pick one over the other.

Not sure here, but i would think if you installed MozillaFirefox, it would replace your present version (i.e. it would upgrade since it is the same name), whereas firefox is a different name and could probably be installed parallel to the 2.0.0.x versions. Not sure though. I installed the MozillaFirefox version, replacing my 2.0.0.12 version, and have been overall satisfied. Some nice new features in 3. Only problem I had so far was trying to print out an e-ticket from Northwest. HTH.

--
Joe Morris