Re: [opensuse] Re: Software IDE RAID versus hardware IDE RAID
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2008 03:39:45 +0200 (CEST)

The Thursday 2008-04-03 at 03:10 +0200, Joachim Schrod wrote:

Just make sure that you really rip out the broken disk. Just last month, I was called to a customer's site because some sleep-deprived sysadmin ripped out the working disk, and not the broken disk. Usually, I recommend my technicians to just let the RAID degrade and repair it with calm, when they are well rested -- after all, they just lost the failover possibility... ;-)

I wonder why they don't put a LED on them, so that you can light it up from some software and see "that one".

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.