Re: [opensuse] smart documentation rewrite
  • From: Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:43:50 -0400
Sunny wrote:
On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Will be nice if you can create a similar document for zypper and contribute
your time to the cause ;) .. smart is a third party solution and is broken
enough to avoid reccommending it at all.

Cristian,
would you be so kind to show some examples of how "smart is broken
enough"? And how zypper is better?

This is a 10.1 system...which has not been updated once since
10.1 was installed (in September 2006 in a tent out in the
middle of the Iraqi desert) ...because I can't.

I should have 10.3 on this system in a couple of days -- then
I'll be happy.

Yes, I see zypper improving over the time, but still smart works
better for me on all my opensuse machines (excluding the one-click
install, which I do not use anyway).