Re: [opensuse] ssl certificate manager gui
  • From: Sam Clemens <clemens.sam1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 20:02:08 -0400
David Bear wrote:
I'm way behind the times understanding what might be available for managing
ssl certifcates. Is there a nice gui tool available now? The last time I had
to create a CSR I followed an lengthy set of command line instructions,
making directories, using openssl command line syntax, etc.

When doing such things, there's a really cool tool that's been
around for decades called "script"

Before you start your lengthy series of commands, type "script"
first....
do all your work.

When you're done, there will be a file called "typescript"

You can also do "script filename".. in which case the output
will go to the file filename instead of typescript.

Also, there's a script called "cleanscript"
which reads stdin and produces standard out.

cleanscript < typescript > savescript

in the event that you don't have typescript available,
then try

col -bx < typescript > savescript.

cleanscript / col -bx are useful for getting rid
of mista^H^H^H^H^Hcharacters you don't want to keep.

I'm hoping there is something better.