[opensuse] Replacing an application icon -- revisited
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 23:32:52 +0300
I have a panel at the top of the screen on which I have been putting
buttons for starting frequently used programs. I have been able in the
past to replace their original generic icon images with more intuitive
ones. Now I have placed there buttons for two more apps, and find I am
unable to associate them with the icons I want theme to carry.

Both buttons are for bash script files. When I click on them, the scripts
do run and start their applications as expected, so the buttons
themselves work properly.

One of the icons is an .ico file and the other is a .png. Both are on the
desktop, and both have rw permissions for the user (which is me). When I
drag an icon toward the button-configuration window open, it becomes
accompanied by a "do not enter" symbol as soon as it gets into the
window, so that it will not drop.

Obviously, I am doing something wrong, and something different from how
this worked before, but I don't see what that might be.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on