Re: [opensuse] smart documentation rewrite
  • From: Cristian Rodríguez <crrodriguez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 16:03:37 -0400
linux_learner escribió:

I find it does a better job than
zypper or YaST.

It does a very poor job in 64bit systems.

It is certainly faster than YaST.

you are talking about smart-gui or smart CLI interface ? sure, smart in command line should be faster than YaST, but you are comparing pears with apples, smart has a very tiny functionality compared to zypp stack.

To compare this, I
loaded smart up with the exact same repos that I have in zypper. You
can see my repo lists here
http://downloads.thecompletecomputerresource.com/smart/opensuse_103.repo
The first thing you may notice is, I have literally, almost every
repo.

What zypper version are you using ?

--
“If debugging is the process of removing bugs, then programming must be the process of putting them in.” – Edsger Dijkstra

Cristian Rodríguez R.
Platform/OpenSUSE - Core Services
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development