[opensuse] opensuse 10.3 x64 monitor power save intermittant
  • From: Vahe Avedissian <vyav@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 11:30:36 -0700 (PDT)
Folks, this is an odd and intermittant problem with monitor power save. After a
fresh power on everything works
fine. When the pc goes idle the set amount of time, the monitor first goes to
stand by (black screen) then powers
off. It then powers on on keyboard and/or mouse activity. The odd thing is
after several days of intensive work, this
stops working and the monitor does not turn off. Again after several days go by
it starts working again...
For the last couple of days it stopped working...

I know the setup is correct, I just don't understand the inconsistant behavior.
Any ideas how to check what is going on or
how to fix this?

Thanks,

Vahe