Re: [opensuse] Does SUSE support Postfix PCRE tables?
  • From: Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:28:34 -0700
Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster wrote:
I've never successfully built an rpm from a src rpm. And I could try compiling from source, but I don't know what configure parameters Novell used on this package (it would need to match).

Well, it should be as simple as typing "rpmbuild --rebuild <source rpm>" then installing the appropriate resulting package which will have been placed in /usr/src/packages/RPMS by the rpmbuild process.

That, and I can't seem to find anywhere where Novell's SRPMs for SLES are at. I have 4 install CDs and that's it.

I think the DVD has the sources - but the SLES sources won't help if you want something as new as 2.4.5 - I typically grab the opensuse source rpms from the kernel.org suse mirrors for building mail related packages on SLES, e.g. postfix, dovecot, spamassassin. In theory such a package may not be officially supported, but in practice it's not an issue.

Joe